Wednesday, December 24, 2008

in christ alone

awhile back i wrote this after i listened, really listened to this song called in christ alone. Everytime i read this i am convicted yet again. Both this song remind me of christ's ultimate sacrifice for me.

Your music pervades my darkness,

Illuminating my life.

He calls me now,

I hear him, but I do not know how

To do all that he asks.

But yet again he reminds me of his pain,

Of how he was slain

For me,

And how now I stand here free.

I wonder why he does not give up on me,

Sometimes.

The gift from God to me,

His only son bloodied and beaten.

And still here I stand

Waiting and thinking as he holds out

His hand.

His holy hand waiting for my

Decided choice.

I am not sure why

I have waited so long.

But I know I am afraid to give

Him, my all, my life.

But I will because I know he

Would illuminate the whole world

Through me,

If only I would take part

In his song.

No comments:

Post a Comment